Apr 29, 2019
Jack talks to Rich Hutson, CEO of Malaysia’s Chi Fitness and
boutique offering FIRE in KL, about his long and eventful journey
through Asia’s fitness industry.
With Rich’s vast experience in both bigbox and boutique fitness
in Asia, he’s the perfect person to speak to regarding what’s
happening in all areas of the region’s industry.
In this episode we discuss:
- Did Rick see much change between 2003-2008 in Asia’s fitness
- The last decade – BigBox vs Budget vs Boutique
- The importance of understanding local culture in Asia
- Contactual and legal differences from country to country
- Are attitudes towards a career in fitness shifting in
- The importance of location
- Be an anchor to get a good deal from a landlord
- Lesson’s learned from FIRE opening in Singapore
- Can BigBox recreate the boutique experience?
- Rich’s tips for starting a fitness business in Asia
- The importance of finding the right business partners
THOMAS ON LINKEDI
BUSINESS ASIA INSTAGRAM
HUTSON ON LINKEDIN